1 on 1 Challenge
Win a trip to
a Washington Wizards home game!
Celebrating the newly
NEC is sponsoring
the “Rui Hachimura 1 on 1 Challenge”
campaign on Twitter.
Win a pair of tickets to a Washington Wizards home game at the Capital One Arena in Washington, D.C. against the LA Lakers on March 28, 2020.
(Included in the tour package) Roundtrip plane tickets and accommodation (maximum of 3 nights) for 2 people.
*Does not include additional transportation costs in the country of origin or within the United States.
Please confirm Terms and Conditions to take notice of other points.
Winners decided via lottery will win an official Washington Wizards item!
It takes just
3 easy steps to participate!
Bring the challenge to Rui!
January 20 –
There are 11 chances to enter.
Join the campaign on any of the following Washington Wizards game days.
1/20, 1/22, 1/23, 1/26, 1/28, 1/30, 2/1, 2/3, 2/7, 2/9, 2/11（EST）
You can participate in the Hachimura 1 on 1 Challenge/
enter the prize drawing one time per Tweet.
Anyone can enter! Are you ready to take on Rui Hachimura?
(As of January 15, 2020）
- Game participation is limited to one time per game per person.
- Prize entry is limited to one time per game per person.
- Prizes are subject to change without prior notice.
- NEC Corporation employees and persons associated with the Campaign are not eligible to apply.
- Participants must read the Campaign Terms & Conditions before applying.
- Necessary information is incomplete (insufficient, falsified, etc.) in the application.
- Someone other than the entrant applies (including sales agents).
- Entries made with the intention of reselling.
- If contact cannot be made with the entrant, or the prize is unable to be sent to the entrant by a specified date due to an unknown address.
- Any other entries deemed inappropriate by NEC Corporation.
- Entrant is found to be an NEC Group employee or person associated with the Campaign.
＜Terms and Conditions＞
Any campaign on the NEC Twitter page (“Campaign”) is open to all legal residents of the countries and territories including U.S. (except residents of the outside of the 150 miles radius of Capital One Arena in U.S. and the States of Puerto Rico), India, South Africa, New Zealand, Australia, Mexico, Brazil, Colombia and countries in Asia except for China, North Korea and South Korea, who are of the age of majority in their state/province/country of residence at date of entry (“Entrants”).
The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, territorial, municipal, and local laws and regulations. The Campaign is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
Employees, agents, contractors or consultants of NEC Corporation (“Company”) and their immediate families, the Company's associated companies and anyone else professionally connected with the Campaign are not eligible to win prizes but may take part in the Campaign.
Entrants shall ensure that his or her participation in the Campaign is lawful in accordance with the laws of the country of which he or she is a citizen and/or resides, and/or happens to be at the time the entry is made. Neither the Company nor its majority held companies shall be taken to make any representations, expressed or implied, as to the lawfulness of any individual’s participation, or as to any other aspect of the Campaign.
At a later stage during the period when the Campaign is conducted, entries from other eligible Entrants may be accepted and subject to the terms specified will also qualify for the prizes.
２. There will be several rounds of Campaigns throughout the year.
３. Prizes will vary with each round. We’ll inform the prizes on the 1st day of each round on the NEC Twitter.
４. The Campaign is free to enter, no purchase is necessary. Purchase shall not increase chances of winning. The Campaign is void where prohibited. By entering the Campaign, Entrants accept and shall be bound by these terms and conditions (“T’s & C’s”). The Company may amend the T’s & C’s anytime without any notice to the Entrants if it deems necessary. The Company will announce such amendment by posting the new T’s & C’s on the Company’s website(s). If the act of an Entrant causes damage to the Company, it may claim damages from the Entrant.
５. Each Entrant may submit as many entries as they want, except where specified, but will only be eligible to win one (1) prize. If the Company has come to know that the same person has won more than two prizes by using different accounts, then the Company has the right to send only one (1) prize.
６. Entrants shall agree that Company will deem that each entrant applying for Prize A confirm and accept the following conditions.
- Minors are only allowed to enter if a guardian is able to accompany them on the tour.
- Non-U.S. citizens who participate are responsible for having a valid passport for the necessary period, as well as completing the necessary registration for Visa, ESTA etc.
- NEC Corporation is unable to take any responsibility for any accident, theft etc. that take place during the tour. All responsibility falls on the individual. It is highly recommended that the Winner and accompanying person purchases travel insurance.
- Photos/videos during the tour will be taken and posted on NEC and the Washington Wizards website/SNS accounts.
- The Winner and accompanying person are asked to cooperate by posting photos and/or videos on personal SNS accounts.
７. Each winner will be selected by a random system and informed the winners via e-mail from the Company’s e-mail accounts (email@example.com).
８. In order to claim the prize, the winner shall respond to the directions mentioned in the e-mail message from the Company by the date specified. Unless the winner fails to do so, the winner shall be disqualified for the prize.
９. The prize (A and B) shall be taken as stated and may not be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives; however the Company reserves the right to substitute any prize with a prize of a similar value. The prize shall be shipped only once and shall not be reshipped if the information provided by the winner is incorrect or the winner was not able to receive the prize due to absence or for similar reasons. The Company shall not respond to any claim about regional logistics situations.
Prize winner(s) may be required as a condition of winning and redeeming a prize, to submit a liability release and/or publicity release and/or applicable forms required by the Company or a company it may assign. Failure to do so may result in the disqualification and forfeiture of the stated prize(s).
10. The Company reserves the right to cancel the Campaign or amend the Campaign and these T’s & C’s at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion or if circumstances arise outside its control.
11. The Company shall not bear any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any problem which may result in any Campaign entry or other correspondence being lost or not being properly registered.
12. The Company will use reasonable endeavors to contact the winners and arrange the delivery of the prizes. The prizes will be forfeited and the Company reserves the right to select the next winner-up. Neither the Company, nor its majority held companies shall have any liability to a winner in the event that the winner is unable to take up the prizes.
If the prize is found to be ineffective, faulty or damaged upon receipt, the Company shall be notified in writing within one (1) day of receipt, otherwise the prize will be deemed to be accepted as received.
13. The Company may, at its sole discretion, publish each winner’s name on the Company’s website(s) and social media platforms, as well as photos at events. Each winner’s name and event photos will be made available on reasonable request.
14. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these T’s & C’s or that incorrect, illegible, fraudulent or other invalid or improper information has been provided, the Company may in its sole discretion refuse to process an entry or fulfill any prize awarded.
15. Content posted on Twitter through the Campaign will be treated in the same way as regular content posted on Twitter. Entrants shall post content on Twitter in accordance with the rules of Twitter. Entrants shall be held responsible for managing their Twitter accounts. Entrants are prohibited from transferring or lending their Twitter accounts to third parties or having them use it with or without compensation.
16. The Company shall prohibit the following acts in relation to the Campaign;
- Act that causes or may cause damage to the Company or a third party
- Act that infringes or may infringe honor, human rights, property or privacy of the Company or a third party
- Act that infringes or may infringe copyrights or other such intellectual property rights of the Company or a third party
- Libelous information, discrimination, threat or harassment targeting the Company or a third party
- Act that causes economic or mental damage to the Company or a third party
- Act that imposes a disadvantage on the Company or a third party
- Act that violates or may violate public order and morals
- Act of false reporting or notification to the Company
- Act of using such harmful programs as computer viruses
- Act of sending unsolicited e-mail or e-mail newsletters, etc.
- Act that causes burden to the server of the Company or a third party or act that affects smooth operation of the Campaign or systems, etc.
- Act that violates or may violate laws and regulations
- Act that the Company deems inappropriate
- The Company shall not guarantee Entrants or third parties the legality, integrity, or accuracy of any of the contents provided under the Campaign or no violation of rights of a third party.
- Where any of the grounds specified by the Company occur, it may suspend, change or terminate the Campaign without prior notice to Entrants.
- a.When maintenance of the system of the Campaign needs to be carried out periodically or urgently.
- b.When the system of the Campaign is interfered with as a result of a temporary increase of Entrants beyond the expected quantity or when the Company sees its possibility.
- c.When the Campaign cannot be provided because of fire, power failure or deterioration of communication environment.
- d.When the Campaign cannot be provided because of an earthquake, eruption, flood, tsunami or other act of providence.
- e.When the Campaign cannot be provided because of war, riot, labor dispute, or order issued by a public agency.
- The Company shall not be liable for any compensation or bear any other responsibility for damage caused by the suspension or discontinuation of the Campaign unless it is caused on purpose or due to gross negligence, when it deems it necessary.
- Neither the Company nor its majority held companies, nor their directors, or employees shall be liable to Entrants for any of the following types of loss which Entrants may suffer as a result of their entry to the Campaign;
- a.any consequential, indirect or special losses and/or any loss of revenue, profits or anticipated savings suffered by an Entrant as a result of the Company’s or its majority held companies’ negligence or breach of the T’s & C’s or any of them;
- b.any injury or damage to an Entrants‘ or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in relation to the Campaign;
- c.any losses caused by a technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email, traffic congestion on the internet or any combination thereof;
- d.any loss which an Entrant may suffer as a result of or in connection with or arising out of any prizes;
- e.any loss arising out of any electronic messages not being received;
- f.any loss arising out of the Entrant not being eligible to enter;
- g.any tax which an Entrant may be required to pay under the laws of any relevant jurisdiction on any prizes awarded.
Please join the campaign after having carefully read and given consent to the following:
１.Controller of the Personal Data
- a. Company name: NEC Corporation (hereinafter referred to as "NEC")
- b. Means of contact: This Website (by this page in SurveyMonkey site)
２.Personal Data Protection Administrator
- a.Title: General Manager, Integrated Marketing Communication Division, NEC
- b. Means of contact: Please send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
３.Purposes of Processing for the Personal Data
- a.To respond to inquiries.
- b.To respond to requests (such as by providing materials or information, or returning verification results).
- c.To introduce or relay information about companies (NEC Group companies, NEC distributors, etc.) that deal with NEC products, services, and solutions.
- d.To provide information or publicity materials about NEC products, services, and solutions.
- e.To provide information about events such as seminars and exhibitions.
- f.To conduct surveys and analysis, and analyze website access trends so as to improve products and services.
- g.To contact customers.
４.Recipients or categories of recipients of the Personal Data
NEC, NEC Group companies, their distributors and agents, and companies that operate and manage this survey page, upon the assurance that sufficient safety control measures have been established, which have concluded agreements concerning the processing of personal data, to provide services to their customers within the scope of the stated purposes for using personal data.
５.Overseas Transfer of the Personal Data
This survey is conducted by NEC via SurveyMonkey's survey platform.
- a.Information transfer to third countries: if you choose to participate in a survey, your personal data will be sent to USA and Japan.
- -Personal Data of the 1st prize winner of the campaign held from 20th January 2020 through 11th February will be provided from NEC to Monumental Sports & Entertainment who provides the content of the 1st prize.
- b.Question of adequate protection: The European Commission does not recognize USA or Japan as providing adequate protection of personal data.
- c.Appropriate protection measures: NEC manages the personal data with which it is entrusted through the appropriate implementation of security measures such as access identification and authentication, restrictions on access, authority management, record-keeping, protection against illegal software, and safe procedures for transferring and transmitting data.
- d.Means and contacts for obtaining the copy of appropriate safeguards: You can obtain the copy of documents for appropriate safeguards by contacting to Integrated Marketing Communication Division.
６.Categories of the Personal Data
Personal data includes name, occupation, organization name, e-mail address, telephone number, postal address, residential country or area, survey categories, survey subject, survey details, access logs, and other information you input in this survey format.
７.Period for which the Personal Data Will Be Stored
Personal data may be stored for as long as necessary to achieve the stated purpose for using it.
８.Rights of the Data Subject
You have the right with regard to the personal data which you provide as follows:
- The right to request from the controller access to and rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing concerning the data subject
- The right to object to processing concerning the data subject
- The right to data portability: The right to receive the personal data, which the data subject has provided to a data controller, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and to transmit those data to another data controller without hindrance from the controller to which the personal data have been provided (NEC)
- The right to withdraw consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, if it exists, in the country or region that the data object belongs.
９.Statutory or Contractual Requirement Concerning the Provision of the Personal Data
Provision of the personal data is not a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, and you are not obliged to provide personal data. However, if you choose not to provide personal data, it may not be possible to respond to some inquiries.
10. Non-existence of Automated Decision-making Including Profiling
The access log for this website undergoes analysis, but we do not make decisions that might affect you based solely on automatic processing of the personal data that you provide, including profiling, in order to analyze or predict your likes and dislikes or personal behavior.
11. Parental Consent
If you are under the age of 16, please make your inquiry ONLY AFTER obtaining consent given or authorized by the holder of parental responsibility over you.
12. Encrypted Communication
The inquiry form on this page uses encrypted communication via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) for personal data protection.
13. Security of Processing the Personal Data
Recipients of the personal data implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk.
For France: Le règlement des opérations est adressé, à titre gratuit , à toute personne qui en fait la demande. Contacter email@example.com
For Germany : NEC Corporation, bezeichnet im folgenden als "NEC", beabsichtigt, Bilder der Teilnehmer auf ihre Facebook-Profile in Verbindung mit dem NEC Team Campaign verwendet zu nehmen das wird ?ffentlich über das Internet zug?nglich (zB durch Facebook).
14. Intellectual property rights related to the Campaign shall belong to the Company.
15. The T’s & C’s s shall be governed by the laws of Japan and be interpreted accordingly. Any dispute arising out of or in relation to the Campaign shall be submitted exclusively to the Tokyo District Court in Japan.
If any of the terms contained in this T’s & C’s are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, then the remaining terms and conditions shall continue in full force and effect.
The “Company” is: NEC Corporation, a corporation organized and existing under the laws of Japan and having its principal place of business at 7-1, Shiba 5-chome, Minato-ku, Tokyo 108-8001, Japan（http://www.derivant.com）